Anyone who’s heard the recent hype about CBD may wonder what forms of CBD there are. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound that comes from the cannabis plant. Though cannabis is marijuana, CBD doesn’t contain the THC component that provides a high. Instead, it’s used for a variety of therapeutic purposes such as relief of pain and anxiety. CBD comes in a variety of forms. Some are more effective than others. Here are some of the most common and useful types of CBD delivery.
Oils and Tinctures
CBD oil is made when cannabidiol is extracted from the cannabis plant and infused with a carrier oil such as coconut oil or hempseed oil. This is also known as a tincture. Oils and tinctures are liquids infused with herbs to be consumed. The most effective way to take CBD in this form is by placing drops directly under the tongue. It’s also possible to put them in food or beverage to be consumed.
According to Consumer Reports, another effective form of CBD use is through vaping. In vaping, the CBD comes in the form of “vape juice” placed in a device known as a pen. The user then inhales the product through the vape pen. Vaping, or inhaling the cannabidiol, works well in delivering CBD rapidly to the bloodstream.
Those who are sensitive to particular tastes or textures might prefer to take their CBD in the form of edibles. These are just as they sound. Edibles are foods infused with cannabidiol. Edibles are also easy to take on the go. They come in several forms of CBD. Some of the most popular are gummies, chocolates, caramels and baked goods. Edibles are discreet and easy to take throughout the day for those who need to spread out higher dosages of CBD. Eating CBD edibles does take a bit longer to absorb into the bloodstream than some other methods. Typically, individuals can expect to feel effects approximately a half-hour after ingestion.
Cannabidiol products can be used topically to relieve pain. Balms, salves, creams and lotions made with CBD oil can relieve pain such as aching muscles and joints. It may also be used to improve skin issues. These topical solutions are absorbed through the skin’s cannabinoid receptors to deliver effective relief to the targeted area. Many consider this to be one of the most natural and effective pain relief options around. It’s quite popular with athletes and others who wish to avoid prescription or chemical pain relief. Those with conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia and psoriasis may obtain relief through the use of CBD topical treatments.
These are some of the more common and respected ways to use CBD. Look for testimonials and research to find the most reputable products. Keep these suggestions in mind when considering what forms of CBD are there and choose the ones that best meet your lifestyle needs and preferences.
- Top Ten Best CBD Infused Coffee Brands
- Top Ten Best CBD Chocolate Products
- Top Ten Best CBD Skin Care Products
- Top 10 Best CBD Isolate Tinctures
- Top 10 Best CBD Mother’s Day Gifts
- Top 10 Best CBD Salves
- Ten Best CBD Patches
- Ten Best CBD Products for Migraines
- Ten Best CBD Dog Treats
- Top Ten CBD Capsules
- Ten Best Disposable CBD Vape Pens
- Ten Best CBD Edibles
- Ten Best CBD Products for Smoking Cessation
- 10 Best CBD Products for Alcoholism
- Top Ten CBD Oils for Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
- Top 10 CBD Oils for Opiate Addiction
- 10 Best CBD Oils for Fibromyalgia
- Top 10 CBD Oils for Traumatic Brain injuries and Concussion
- 10 Best CBD Oils for Pain
- 5 Best CBD Oils for COPD
- 5 Best CBD Oils for Dementia
- 5 Best CBD Oils for Arthritis
- 10 Best CBD Oils for Cancer
- 10 Best CBD Oils for Dogs
- 10 Best CBD Oils for Sleep
- 10 Best CBD Oils for Vaping
- 10 Best CBD Oils for Anxiety
- Top 10 CBD Oils for General Health and Wellbeing